Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together (LTT), The Lincolnshire Learning Partnership (LLP), Lincolnshire County Council (LCC), Lincoln Anglican Diocese and the Leaders of Governance (NLGs/LLGs) have all worked together to produce a comprehensive and coherent support offer to ensure stronger governance of schools and academies in Lincolnshire.
To access support and to book training, email: email@example.com or phone 01522 553240.
Our Support Offer
Training for Governors/Trustees:
- Professional Development Units
- Development programme for Chairs/Clerks/Boards’
- Online Training
- SEND Graduated Approach Workshops
- Support Tools for Self-Review/Peer-Review
- Maintained Schools including Federated Schools
- Single Academies
- Multi Academy Trusts
- Support for recruiting Governors/Trustees
- Key Governance Documents
- Leaders of Governances (NLGs/LLGs)
- External Adviser for Effective Headteacher Performance Management
- External Reviews of Governance
- Governor Partnership Meetings
- Clerks’ Network Meetings
- Annual Governor Conference
Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance
Lincolnshire is keen to develop its system leadership capacity through seeking to appoint additional specialist leaders to support quality of governance across the county.
Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance (LLGs) - a group which includes the Lincolnshire based National Leaders of Governance - are deployed to deliver the Stronger Governance for Lincolnshire, which is a support package for schools who have identified an improvement area in their current leadership and governance or who wish to develop further in this area to improve outcomes for the school and learners.
LLGs provide support and guidance to Governing Boards who are seeking to further develop their capacity to provide leadership and bring about continuous school improvement. LLGs are involved in, for example:
- Supporting schools in securing and/or improving their Ofsted grading for the ‘effectiveness of leadership and management’. This might include allocating a LLG to an IEB (Interim Executive Board) in response to a school going into ‘special measures’;
- Supporting a governing board in undertaking a review of their effectiveness using an agreed self-evaluation tool;
- Supporting a new Chair of Governors or Chair of a committee;
- Supporting those with ‘lead governor’ responsibilities in such areas as Pupil Premium, Safeguarding, Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND), Budget setting/Finance etc.;
- Supporting the implementation and/or development of governor learning walks and other monitoring strategies;
- Supporting the use of Pupil Premium Funding through the sharing of best practice;
- Providing bespoke training and development for a governing board and/or group of governors;
- Coaching and mentoring new and existing Chairs of Governors;
- Providing a short term response to a loss of expertise in a Governing Board.
Working as a LLG
- Your conduct will be linked to the key principles of objectivity, sensitivity, integrity, accountability, openness and honesty.
- You will be committed to work to mutually agreed time scales.
- You will report to Lincolnshire Teaching School Alliance who lead on the governance support work for Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together
- You may need to be able to travel to meet governors as agreed at the start of your deployment and will be provided with expenses to meet your travel costs.
- You will need to be able to recognise when a conflict of interest arises and when to declare a business or personal interest should this arise.
- You will be expected to have a basic understanding of safeguarding and child protection and how to report issues of concern.
- You will be required to provide evidence that you have had a DBS check.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to Miss Emily Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 25th February 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 4th March 2019.