Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance (LLGs)
Lincolnshire is keen to develop its system leadership capacity through seeking to appoint a number of specialists to support quality of governance across the county.
Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance (LLGs) will initially be deployed to work with Lincolnshire National Leaders of Governance (NLGs) to develop a sustainable support package for schools who have identified an improvement area in their current leadership and governance or who wish to develop further in this area to improve outcomes for the school and learners and will be linked to Teaching School Alliances across Lincolnshire.
The possible focus areas for deployment of an LLG will be to ensure there are:
- Raised expectations of the roles and responsibilities of governors (DfE, Ofsted ….)
- Greater accountability of governors to others (DfE, Ofsted, parents, ‘pupil voice’,)
- Governors ensuring continuous school improvement within an increasingly ‘school- led’ system
- Governance operating within a more diverse school sector (Governance operating within move to academies, multi academy trusts, free schools etc with varying schemes of delegation)
- Greater focus on governor training and development (as highlighted in changes to Ofsted Inspection Framework 2016).
An LLG will provide support and guidance to Governing Boards who are seeking to further develop their capacity to provide leadership and bring about continuous school improvement.
The future could provide opportunities for an LLG to be involved in any or all of the following. You will help to determine what the support package will look like in Lincolnshire:
- Supporting schools in securing and/or improving their Ofsted grading for the ‘effectiveness of leadership and management’. This might include allocating a LLG to an IEB (Interim Executive Board) in response to a school going into ‘special measures’;
- Supporting a governing board in undertaking a review of their effectiveness using an agreed self-evaluation tool;
- Supporting a new Chair of Governors or Chair of a committee;
- Supporting those with ‘lead governor’ responsibilities in such areas as Pupil Premium, Safeguarding, Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND), Budget setting/Finance etc.;
- Supporting the implementation and/or development of governor learning walks and other monitoring strategies;
- Providing bespoke training and development for a governing board and/or group of governors;
- Coaching and mentoring new and existing Chairs of Governors;
- Providing a short term response to a loss of expertise in a Governing Board.
- Your conduct will be linked to the key principles of objectivity, sensitivity, integrity, accountability, openness and honesty.
- You will be committed to work to mutually agreed time scales.
- You will report to a designated Teaching School Alliance or Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together
- You may need to be able to travel to meet governors as agreed at the start of your deployment and will be provided with expenses to meet your travel costs.
- You will need to be able to recognise when a conflict of interest arises and when to declare a business or personal interest should this arise.
- You will be expected to have a basic understanding of safeguarding and child protection and how to report issues of concern.
- You will be required to provide evidence that you have had a DBS check.
We are not currenlty processing applications for the LLG role.