School to School Support - LLEs, NLEs and SLEs
Local Leaders of Education (LLEs) are experienced headteachers who coach or mentor new headteachers or headteachers whose schools are in challenging circumstances. They work primarily one-to-one with another headteacher and typical activities include:
- negotiating objectives for improvement
- coaching and mentoring the headteacher to develop skills, judgement and professional effectiveness
- supporting or arranging coaching or training for key staff in the supported school.
LLE Recruitment - We are not currently recruiting LLEs. We will update this page when the next recruitment window opens.
National Leaders of Education (NLEs) are outstanding headteachers who work with schools in challenging circumstances to support school improvement.
Because their support role will often include members of their own staff, the school of a national leader of education is called a national support school.
You should contact an NLE if you want to improve performance at your school. They will meet with the headteacher and senior staff from your school to discuss the challenges you face and what help is needed. Their work will be tailored in partnership with you.
They can get involved in different ways, including:
- working with your school alongside their staff
- working with your school on their own
- their staff working with your school under their initial direction
Specialist leaders of Education (SLEs) are outstanding middle and senior leaders who possess the skills needed to provide support, in their area(s) of expertise, to other schools. Each SLE is associated with a Teaching School which provides ongoing training and support to the SLE to carry out their role.
We hope you are staying safe and adjusting to life during this difficult period - whether you're working from home or continuing to work in schools.
LTT would like to continue with the planned SLE recruitment for this term to designate teachers to strengthen our existing team of SLEs and ensure we continue to have sufficient capacity available for when school life returns to some kind of normal.
We appreciate that this may not be the right time for some people to be thinking about applying for the role of SLE whereas there are others that would prefer to have taken this step whilst not in school full time. We have tried to consider and accommodate everyone by opening the recruitment round up again for this term, following with a further round late Autumn early Spring 2021.
If you meet the eligibility criteria below and you would like to find out more, including how to apply, please contact one of the teaching schools named below.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, creativity and flexibility at this unprecedented time.
Charter TSA: email@example.com
Connect TSA: Ellie.Hextall@connect-tsa.co.uk
Equate TSA: Lisa@equatetsa.co.uk
Inspire TSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keystone TSA: email@example.com
Kyra TSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn TSA: email@example.com
Key Dates for SLE Recruitment
22 April 2020
Application window opens
20 May 2020
Application window closes
w/c 1st and 8th June
Interviews via zoom
W/c 22nd June
SLE Eligibility Criteria
To be considered as an SLE you must be able to demonstrate:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a good understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- a good understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others
Use the links below to contact a Teaching School about accessing system leader support.
|Charter TSA||Connect TSA||Inspire TSA||Keystone TSA||Kyra TSA||LEAD Equate TSA||Learn TSA|