English Curriculum Recovery
As part of the English Curriculum Recovery the following sessions will be running:
(To book any of these sessions below please email: Admin@equatetsa.co.uk)
There are still places available to book on the following dates:
- 12th Jan 2021 – Year 1 & 2 – 9.30am – 12.30pm
- 12th Jan 2021 – Year 3 &4 – 1.30PM – 3.30PM
- 19th Jan 2021 – Year 5 & 6 – 9.30m – 12.30pm
Addressing the word gap
- The Word Power programme will run for a third time to enable more schools to access this support.
- Amplifying vocabulary instruction looking at specific strategies that can be used to ‘amplify’ the instruction of new language, in context, for FS, KS1 and KS2 pupils.
Places are available on the following dates:
- 7th Jan 2021 – Whole School Approach
- 13th Jan 2021 – EYFS
- 14th Jan 2021 – Key Stage 1
- 15th Jan 2021 – Key Stage 2
All sessions run as twilights from 3.45pm – 5pm
Reading for Pupils with SEND:
These sessions will focus on pupils with SEND who may need alternative strategies for developing reading. We will look at scaffolding support and a range of resources which will support the learner. We will explore ICT to overcome reading barriers and allow inclusion in the mainstream and special school classroom.
- 10th Dec 2020 - Using enrichment texts and developing comprehension
- 20th Jan 2021 - Using ICT and visual strategies to complement reading
- 10th Feb 2021 - Strategies for supporting the struggling reader. What happens when phonics isn't working?
Choose a time to suit you: 12.30pm to 1.30pm OR 4.00pm to 5.00pm
To book please email - Admin@equatetsa.co.uk
Portal of standards - Exemplification materials and Moderation of reading
One of the aims of the programme is to create a bank of exemplification materials for each year group from Year 1 through to Year 6 for reading. This will be developed and built upon across 2020-2021. We would like to invite English leads / class teachers to attend moderation sessions for reading. This will start in Spring 1 with sessions for Year 1 and Year 2; Year 3 and Year 4; Year 5 and Year 6. Please see flyer below for further detail.
A Whole School Approach to Addressing the Widening Word Gap is now available:
- Session 1 Whole School;
- Session 2 EYFS;
- Session 3 KS1;
- Session 4 KS2.
To find out more see the Word Power flyer below or to book on these sessions please email email@example.com